Passive Radiator for 2 way speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I am building this two way speaker. To get more bass from the system, I wanted to learn about passive radiators and maze speaker...

Here is what I am building:
Illuminator-Monitor

I want to use a passive radiator to get more bass from the speaker. I don't know how to calculate this, so I wanted to ask you... How big should the passive radiator be? 10" will be enough?

There is also another idea I am thinking of. Why do people do maze speakers? On this example, they guy has used a full range speaker and to have stronger bass, he has used a maze... Is this an option for me too to get stronger bass from my speaker? And how can I calculate...

78898351af5ca062d5ef075e4cd73482.jpg

Thank you very much... :smirk:

I agree that a horn does not need a passive radiator.

Passive radiators are generally used when a very long port is required and may not be practical. As for what size and mass are required, that's determined through modelling.

Thank you, the picture of the maze is not mine, I just asked what it does and got my reply :)

What I wanted to do is to get more bass from my speakers I built here:
Illuminator Monitor - Jantzen-audio.com

So guys I think you are all saying, I don't need a maze (back horn) or a passive radiator for this design... Right ??? :):) I feel like I already don't need, just asking if they will make the speaker better... :roll eyes: :roll eyes:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.