Kaiser Kawero Classic Midrange passive radiator? New or strange?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Always saw a passive radiator for either a woofer or subwoofer but first time Im seeing a midrange passive radiator. I have no idea why the designer has made something like that. Its really strange as it will definitely smear the midrange accuracy.
The speakers got the review as one of the finest speakers ever made.

The problem is that when the midrange frequency is stopped then the passive radiator still rings.

This is not at all correct. There is no reason a PR will "ring". That's dependent on the alignment it creates with the driver. A PR is actually better than a port in some regards, e.g. less leakage of sound and no wind noise or self-resonance.

This is not at all correct. There is no reason a PR will "ring". That's dependent on the alignment it creates with the driver. A PR is actually better than a port in some regards, e.g. less leakage of sound and no wind noise or self-resonance.
I agree that but the settling time is utmost important for anything in midrange.
When you see in reality the coil will push pull and settle as per the wave but in PR you dont have it. Especially in the midrange i wouldnt risk.
Rather I would do a pushpull if really required but in general midrange is hold grail why cant midrange be sealed when one has LF to take care the lower frequencies.

This is a 3 way speaker with foward firing midrange and back firing
woofer. Both are Audiotechnology and the largest cone unit should
be a PR used to complement the woofer response. It remains a question
whether or not the midrange is in its own sealed enclosure.

@Clashing:

PR is probably used because of the fact that it's more expensive than
a plain vent and they want to present themselves as a serious manufacturer
hence the Duelund-Mundorf fairytale. That it's placed at the back of the
cabinet means that they are calculating to get a bass boost from the wall.

A realistic need for a PR is when you can't physically place a vent in a
too small of an enclosure to properly tune it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.