Best 10” Woofer, Compression Driver and x-over Combo for Econowave build in 20” by 13

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for all the suggestions!

Update on the driver choices though, my Dad is giving me a JBL 127h-2 10 inch woofer salvaged from a JBL L80 (I think) so that takes care of the woofer choice.

Do any of the CD's above work well with these woofers?

Also my Dad suggested port holes and increasing the cab size.

What Frequency should we cross this woofer over? (any suggestions?)
My Dad seems to think 1.2khz

Here's the TSP of the woofers.

Thanks in Advance

MODEL 127H-2
FS 30.17
QTS 0.26
QMS 2.73
QES 0.28
VAS 4.8
EFF 1.23
PE 125
XMAX 4.83
RE 5.6
LE 0.738
SD 0.0345
BL 11.3
MMS 34.6
FLUX 11.3

I'll get in before people start recommending the overated DE250 and it's clones :)

I've tried many 1" compression drivers and this one is really great for the price :

Radian 450PB-8 1" Aluminum Horn Driver 8 Ohm 2-Bolt

I would buy a SEOS 10" waveguide from diysoundgroup and you will have a nice sounding speaker

Thanks for the tip!

Found other DE250 Clones and wonder which are up to snuff other than your reco.

Denovo DNA-350

Denovo DNA-360

Dayton Audio D250P

PRV Audio BE280

PRV Audio D290Py

Soundwave SE250

I would:
--(remember that you could purchase a NEW Eminence Delta Pro12A or PRO12LF for $130 and get low bass with proven Fusion-12 design and $65 flat pack box)

-Purchase $80 Denovo 360 CD because of proved great sound/$$ and PROVEN XOVERS TO COPY.

-Purchase $28 SEOS12 waveguude since the 12" has superior pattern control over the SEOS10, and the SEOS12 is slightly physically deeper, and this will improve time alignment with your JBL 10" woofer. The SEOS12 can be routed into the cabinet side board to reduce the final box width.

-Copy the diysoundgroup 1300Hz crossover circuit for Denovo 360 on SEOS12. You will need to add an input resistor to match SPL/watt of your JBL woofer. Check Home page DIY Sound Group forums, and Google SEOS12 crossover for Xover ckts.

-Download and Study free XSIM crossover tool. Input the tweeter XOver ckts you want to copy for first simulator education.

-Learn how to measure T/S parameters, SPL/freq, and Impedance/freq on your JBL 127h-2 10 inch woofer to generate FRD and ZMD data files required for great crossover design. OR OR You can shoot from the hip with a few inductors and resistors for the woofer Xover. uust need to know impedance at 1300Hz. Study the Google'ed crossovers to understand simple woofer ckt options.

-You want to validate the T/S parameters of your OLD woofers. Impedance is easy to measure.

-Run a ported box simulation to get final F3, box volume, port size, and start box build.

--(remember that youI could purchase a NEW Eminence Delta Pro12A or PRO12LF for $130 and get low bass with Fusion-12 design and $65 flat pack box)

I would:
--(remember that you could purchase a NEW Eminence Delta Pro12A or PRO12LF for $130 and get low bass with proven Fusion-12 design and $65 flat pack box)

-Purchase $80 Denovo 360 CD because of proved great sound/$$ and PROVEN XOVERS TO COPY.

-Purchase $28 SEOS12 waveguude since the 12" has superior pattern control over the SEOS10, and the SEOS12 is slightly physically deeper, and this will improve time alignment with your JBL 10" woofer. The SEOS12 can be routed into the cabinet side board to reduce the final box width.

-Copy the diysoundgroup 1300Hz crossover circuit for Denovo 360 on SEOS12. You will need to add an input resistor to match SPL/watt of your JBL woofer. Check Home page DIY Sound Group forums, and Google SEOS12 crossover for Xover ckts.

-Download and Study free XSIM crossover tool. Input the tweeter XOver ckts you want to copy for first simulator education.

-Learn how to measure T/S parameters, SPL/freq, and Impedance/freq on your JBL 127h-2 10 inch woofer to generate FRD and ZMD data files required for great crossover design. OR OR You can shoot from the hip with a few inductors and resistors for the woofer Xover. uust need to know impedance at 1300Hz. Study the Google'ed crossovers to understand simple woofer ckt options.

-You want to validate the T/S parameters of your OLD woofers. Impedance is easy to measure.

-Run a ported box simulation to get final F3, box volume, port size, and start box build.

--(remember that youI could purchase a NEW Eminence Delta Pro12A or PRO12LF for $130 and get low bass with Fusion-12 design and $65 flat pack box)

Thank You for this. So. Very. Much! :)

I would:

Good advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.