"Dainty" loudspeaker parameters.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It looks like the brand "Dainty" is now available in many Indian cities.
Has anyone managed to measure its TS parameters .
Any FR plots ?

I saw a whole range from 4 inch mid woofers to 12 inch sub woofers at relatively low prices. Made in China I believe. Dainty however seems to be a Taiwanese company. That's what the salesman told me.
Cheers,
Ashok.

Web site.

I found Dainty's web site.
No specs however. If the woofers are mainly for car use the Q might be high and hence suitable for dipole woofers. The size however is not enough. Their 18 inch drivers are not available here.
The most expensive 10 inch ( sub-woofer !) is Rs875/-. The 12 inch is cheaper. Labeling is poor. Finish ( appearance ) is good.

Someone on the forum had the drivers . Any measurements ?

Cheers.

i recently bought a 10" dainty subwoofer sub250spp in chennai
for 600 Rs form singh trading corporation on ritchie street.
he is the importer of these drivers to india.he gave me t/s parameters for some fo the drivers not sure if they are correct will post it later.planning on building a subwoofer would like to get some help.

thanx

hi

i am really sorry for the delay
here are the parameters of the dainty woofers
i got from the shop.i am not sure if they are correct someone can verify them i have bought the 10" SUB250SPP 4ohm
version.the buld quality seems good.do you have any recomendations for the cabinet.i am planning a 50ltr sealed box
similar to the THOR by linkwitz.
size .

Attachments

• dainty_para.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 609
Rehashed specs.

I took time off to put up IYO's Dainty specs in an XLS spread sheet. This time hopefully you guys will get it intact.
Looks like some drivers are going to be useful in dipole subs. I expect the Qts to be higher than specified and this would be very good for a dipole.
Cheers.

Attachments

• dainty-xls.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 492
Dainty specs

The Dainty brand couldn't have too many drivers.
Did you check http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=352717#post352717
It has two 30cm drivers listed on it. Most probably one of them will fit probably your model number.
1030 indicates a 30 cm driver.

Plesae guys , SEARCH the forum before posting. The Archives have become huge and you could find some ( plenty ?) info on it. Saves everyone else some time.
Cheers.

Re: Rehashed specs.

ashok said:
I took time off to put up IYO's Dainty specs in an XLS spread sheet. This time hopefully you guys will get it intact.
Looks like some drivers are going to be useful in dipole subs. I expect the Qts to be higher than specified and this would be very good for a dipole.
Cheers.

Hi guys,
Greetings! new here and I need some help. I just picked up a Dainty sub model SL820SSP but I have got no specs nor does their site have any. Would also like to have the dimensions for a sealed box for the SL820SSP.
Thanks

Dainty speakers are available at the following place in Bangalore:

Globe electronics, Sadar patrappa road or SP road as everone knows it. dont buy from anywhere else as their prices are from the retail list and they are the dealers.

enter sp road and take the second left, it is a narrow gully and you will find the shop on the right. These guys also are dealers for bolton and phillips.

darren

Dainty T/s parameters test

Dear friends I am Roy paul from Trivandrum. Yesterday I purhased a 10 " Dainty Sub250spp 8 ohms version subwoofer from Casafonics for Rs 630/-. Acualy I want 12 " sub, since he dont have stock with a condidition that he can replce if I not stisfied with 10". Then I tested with my computer sound card and amplifier configuration this 10 " sub. The first cut the values were not maching the one somebody posted in this site. Whereas the values were maching more closely for the SUB300SPP 8ohms version.
The values I got for 250SPP Rdc --> 6.1 ohms
Qts --> 0.44/0.43
fs --> 27.38 hz. Vas : 44 Liters
Now I am given a order for 35 liters sealed Box. When it comes next week I can feedback.

Thank U.

Hi Roy,
Don't worry if the published spec does not match with what you've got. Just make sure you have measured it properly. If need be use two different methods to measure it. There is enough freeware to do that. If you are on track, the two readings should be reasonably close .
Remember that the values will change a bit as the driver runs in.
Fs will surely drop a bit. That will result in changes in Vas and Qts.

Neverthless you need to start somewhere . Get your box and start experimenting. For ducted enclosures , make sure you can alter the duct size . Gives you some flexibility while experimenting.
Search the forum for more threads on the topic. A lot has been covered.
Have fun.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.