Rythmik Audio - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th February 2004, 04:29 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Rythmik Audio

Anyone know anything about this guy?

He sells a low end Driver/Amp Servo product called DirectServo.
Interesting, but his site is littered with appalling grammatical errors and typos.

thanks
Old 27th February 2004, 04:50 PM   #2
Ron E is offline Ron E  United States
diyAudio Member

The guy lives in So Cal. I believe he uses english as a second language. Calling his product low end is probably not a fair assessment.

His principle is sound, he uses a series resistor and a custom wound second voice coil to get a correction signal. This is not as effective at distortion reduction as an accelerometer based system, but it is still much better than an uncontrolled driver.

A gentleman on another forum went to visit the designer and said the subs sound OK, but that the designer never really cranked them. For the price he was asking for them at the time you could not build it yourself...
Old 27th February 2004, 09:31 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I wasn't trying to be smug - just meant that cost was low. In fact, just my budget!

despite the language barrier I thought he made some very interesting points about recording site room gain, ambient sound and other issues. In fact, I am thinking seriously about offering to proof read/correct his site for free. Also his enclosures look really nice.

I did subsequently find a comment here where someone said their Rythmik Directservo sub didn't have enough 'punch' for HT and that it bottomed out too easily. This does seem to correlate with your information from the other forum.

thanks
Old 28th February 2004, 03:06 PM   #4
jholtz is offline jholtz  United States
diyAudio Member

I can't comment on Rythmik's Direct Servo sub but I will comment on the way he does business. I bought a one of his 350SE (?) plate amps and Brian offered superb customer service. The amp works and sounds great and his follow up was exceptional. I highly recommend both Brian and the products he sells. Whether his sub meets your expectations in your application is something you'll need to decide.

HTH

Jim

Quote:
Originally posted by Javaman
I wasn't trying to be smug - just meant that cost was low. In fact, just my budget!

despite the language barrier I thought he made some very interesting points about recording site room gain, ambient sound and other issues. In fact, I am thinking seriously about offering to proof read/correct his site for free. Also his enclosures look really nice.

I did subsequently find a comment here where someone said their Rythmik Directservo sub didn't have enough 'punch' for HT and that it bottomed out too easily. This does seem to correlate with your information from the other forum.

thanks
Old 29th February 2004, 11:48 AM   #5
Mobster is offline Mobster  Finland
diyAudio Member

I second that about service Brian provides - it's first rate!

I have a DirectServo project in progress currently - enclosure has been glued together and I'm continuing tomorrow.

I'm building my subwoofer into a bit over 50 liters (internal volume)sealed enclosure. I don't mind the reduced sound pressure since my goal was to get really tight high quality bass with nice extension. A hifi-subwoofer to extend the frequency response of my Dynaudio bookself speakers.

...and that happens with the expense on SPL. If I would have used vented configuration I would have get at least 6 db's more. It is also going to be used in my home theater but two channel listening takes 95% of my equipment usage time.
Old 5th April 2004, 11:49 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

I just wanted to continue to my previous post that it's ready. Looks came out as planned and so does the sound. Tight, accurate and nice extension. Goal was to make a high quality musical sub and I think project was a succes.

I attached a couple of pictures of the finished sub. It's made from birch and waxed several times. The speaker beside the sub is Dynaudio Audience 52. This picture is from the front...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg front.jpg (26.7 KB, 880 views)
Old 5th April 2004, 11:50 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

...and this picture is from the back. The top has a bit different color and that was planned - no accident
Attached Images
File Type: jpg back.jpg (29.0 KB, 860 views)
Old 5th April 2004, 11:51 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

...and the last picture is from the bottom. I've got a bunch of other pictures also but I guess this is enough.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bottom.jpg (33.3 KB, 836 views)
Old 6th April 2004, 01:27 AM   #9
BAM is offline BAM
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to BAM
I am not seeing the pictures. Are you sure you're doing it right? I'm interested to see this.
Old 6th April 2004, 01:53 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

I don't see any pictures either.

Hide this!Advertise here!