Cabinet and floor coupling : sound behaviors...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Cabinet swaying (?), well, -yes and no. As always you have a force and a counter force. If the cone is extremly heavy while the speaker cabinet is extremly light weight, you may worry about some doppler effect in high frequencies. I presume you are not a bat though, ... :D;)

In my case the weight ratio is close to 900:1, cabinet weight versus cone weight. I can barely feel a slight vibration but no rocking at the speaker top. If one is able to add a restraint to any "rocking", I would do that. It is very easy if the speakers are flush mounted in wall and it doesn't take much really. For a free standing speaker or on stands, it will be tricky with anything WAF approved, so I would just enjoy the improvement the vibration isolation gives instead of going nuts over possible minuscle doppler effects.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.