Anybody know anything about the Adire Audio Extremis?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
454Casull said:
I would love to know more about this driver. When it is going to be produced in mass quantities?

I read that it was to be produced for diy use in spring.

Here is a picture from the Acoustic Visions forum.

--
Brian

Attachments

• extremis6.jpg
    extremis6.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,554
Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
BAM said:
My comments on the Extremis: I was hoping for a longer excursion, with a big-roll surround, so I could build the world's smallest Sonotube subwoofer. I hope we can expect an "Extremis SUB" variation to be released at some point.

I am more interested in the fact that the driver have flat response 40hz to 5k (in an appropiate box)... I think that this is the most important characteristic of the driver.

--
Brian

BrianGT said:

Do you know anything about the 4" driver with XBL2 from adire? This seems like it will be interesting as well. Will it be offered soon as well?

--
Brian

It's looking to be about the same time. The Extremis project was actually farther along than the 4" FR project at the time CES was held but I think they would like both to be ready near the same time. It would be way cool if the release coincided with our DIY meet. :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.