SB Acoustics - to Be or not to Be is not a question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got a pair of Satori Be tweeters some time ago. Sofar i had only measured them. Today i heard them for the first time in a speaker. It is a Suesskind Beo LX. It is a Beo where the Scan Speak softdome is substituted with the Be tweeter. Of cause the crossover needed some changes and i also made a small change between the woofer and the midrange.
Cabinet, woofer and midrange stay the same so this is a kind of update. I will still manufacture the standart version.
It is too early to tell if the Be tweeter is a big improvement to what i had. First i can not hear any higher then 16kHz ( and that is very good for my age ) and the speakers where brand new so they need more run-in.
At first listen it seems that this tweeter is very neutral, like " not there ". It certainly does not have any false sonic fireworks. At least the way i use it.

Here are pictures of both versions.

Attachments

• Beo LX new Be version.PNG
    Beo LX new Be version.PNG
    103.9 KB · Views: 408
  • Beo Standart Scan Speak Discovery tweeter.PNG
    Beo Standart Scan Speak Discovery tweeter.PNG
    82.5 KB · Views: 412
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.