All-new ultimate 3-way proj. with Accutons and Eton

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got a single sheet of polypropylene for the baffles, measuring about 0.5m x 0.75m x 12mm.

Recapping: the tweeters and mids have pre-made chambers with baffles measuring about 8cm and 10cm sqr. I have over 1.5sqr metres of 25mm plywood, and I intend to use a fraction of that to make 8 to 10L boxes for the Eton woofers.

Suggestions for the front baffle? Size and shape? How should I integrate it with the woofer?

since I am planning on using a mid dome (can't decide which) just a question on the c44 distortion problem:

ceramicman, can you do a measurement of distortion at 400, 500 and 600 with 96dB signal?

would be very helpful to clarify any thoughts on that problem, I consider (as a result of a lot of ABX tests and playing around with my multifx-processor) distortion not to be a real problem as long as it is <1% to 3%...

vuki said:
It was a 2-way project with C220 bass and C44 used as a low crossed (1kHz) tweeter. It did look very smooth on measurements...

Can you post some of the info from this? It seems strange that they would use the C44 in a 2-way. What about the top end?

CeramicMan said:
....system description....
Yes, how did the result go? Would you reconsider given the new Accuton units out now?

A very interesting construction indeed! :D

Engelholm Audio is currently developing a (big) speaker, 4 way, with T&P C12, C44 and C92 (2*6 ohms). As bassunit I have choosen Skaaning (FlexUnits.com) 10 inch unit. The performance is very good and as suspected the off axis is extreemly good!

I agree that the C44 should not be forced to low frequencys, i.e. below 1000Hz. I consider the C44 to be the unit that saves the of axis properties, it's a bridge between a small tweeter and a larg mid, e.g. C12 and C92. :)

I recommend you to considder closed box to the mid and use active XO between mid and bass/sub.

Good luck!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.