Recognising the Avalon Ascendant

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm fairly new, and my first post in this part of this forum.. so be gentle please;)

I'm interested in cloning an Avalon Ascendent.
This is an 2 way speaker system with an: (from wich I know of)
2x (parallel) Eton 375/32 HEX
For me the tweeter is still unkown.
My question is: Does somebody recognise this tweeter?
I think it's an custom build tweeter, maybe the AMT(ER-4) from Eton will do fine also.
Anyone thought about cloning this speaker also?
I choose this 2-way speaker since the XO for 2-way is easier to develop then 3-way (with proper equipment).
The plans for the (closed)cabinet is on the way.Also look at Humble made hifi.

Thank you,
Remco Blankesteijn

Attachments

• ascendant.jpg
    ascendant.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 358
The tweeter you are looking at is in fact a custom designed 1" titanium dome, from wich brand I do not know.. :whazzat:

If you go for the Eton ER4, it seem to me you will have a lot to do with regards to notch filtering in your crossover. If I was to choose, i think the Accuton C23 would make a great match for the 7inch eton woofers in a 2-way system.. Better than the ER4. The latest line of Avalon speakers combine Accuton ceramics and eton woofers with great success..

There is a dutch guy who's cloned some Avalons wich looks quite similar to the Ascendant, but with 3-way system, tweeters and midrange from Accuton (C12&C79 i think). You might want to take a look at the "gydolon" speakers at Gydotron

Translation: Translingo

:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.