Kimber Crossovers??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was talking to a friend of mine the other day about different kinds of crossovers and he swears up and down that the best crossover design he has every seen or heard is a design by Kimber. but that to even be allowed to use this design you have to pay $550 for the rights to the patents. He said that some high end speaker designers are using this design but that they pay a larger amount of money and they have to register each time they use it. This is supposed to be a very strange design, but he claims it is the most phase linear design that is out there. Has anyone else ever heard of a "Kimber Crossover?" or do you know more about it.

They sure give out a lot of detailed information.

Once again, the emperor has no clothes.

The JAES used to run patent reviews by a guy named George Ausperger. He would have ripped these guys apart. My favorite one was where he showed a patent for a speaker in a polystyrene box. What set it apart, as he put it, was the ".......use of a 1/4" phone jack to connect to it........."

P. T. Barnum was right.

Jocko

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.