Help the Ijit write Ijit's guide to Danley tech

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Phantom SH-50 sales on Ebay continue...

It has been a week (or longer) of fraudulent listings of SH-50 (comes up on my search) on Ebay. Each listing is virtually identical. Different sellers are being affected. If you look at his store, it is clear that there is a lot of (mostly) audio or speaker sales, all "free shipping!" that are very different from the legitimate seller's goods. I report what I can but they keep popping up. On the plus side, there is a wide variety of phantom stereo goods on offer, all with free shipping :)

The guy at the golf pro shop that had these scammers take over his website store selling the SH50’s said they were from one of the former Soviet Union countries, I don’t remember which.

They seem to hack a legitimate store over the weekend when no one is watching.

When I clicked the buy it now, the add dissapeared like you would expect it to when you bought the last of something.

If you click the buy it now you will be redirected off site. A sure sign of a scam.

I wonder how many people have paid these clowns?

The Bose noise cancelling toilet

Had to share this, and my personal isolation ward is the place. :)

Attachments

• Bose toilet.jpg
    Bose toilet.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 199
I clicked the buy it now tab on that pair of SH50’s two weeks ago just to see what happened. The page switched to an off ebay page asking for my direct email so they could send me direct payment instructions.
You mean this happened when you clicked the "buy it now" button on a listing on the ebay.com website? This seems highly unlikely as ebay's own website being hijacked is unheard of. Are you sure you didn't click a malicious link that the seller had placed in the item description section? The other possibility is that your computer is infected with malware that specifically hijacks your browser when you attempt to purchase anything on ebay.

As long as you are actually on the ebay site (and not some malicious site masquerading as ebay) and pay via paypal then it is pretty much impossible to be scammed. If the item doesn't arrive then ebay/paypal will refund your money.
The URL in your browser should display
Code:
https://www.ebay.com
and show a padlock next to it, indicating a secure connection throughout the entire purchase.

Well it looks like I don’t have to do a thing to explain it to you. They are again for sale, this time they have made it to Spain!

Take a look and press the item description tab and see what happens.

Some poor soul who has an ebay pen store is the latest victim to have their store hacked for the weekend by these bastards.

Barry.

This is the message I got when I notified them that their store had been hacked. Monday they sent me this

“New message from: grailgolf Top Rated Seller(20,975YellowShooting Star)
Barry,

Grail Golf was hacked last night and our Ebay Superstore was taken over by someone in Romania - It took us about 8 hours to reaquire our account. The transaction you refer to was fraud and not a real auction. We apologize for the confusion.

Thanks, Grail Golf”

Here ya go. This is how they do it.

I keep marking these listings as fraud on eBay but they do this nearly every weekend.
Barry.

I have the same project with the u15. I wanna change the crossover and put a udac8 instead with some ice amp. I have everything on hand but I miss time right now.

IMHO and just by ear the U15 doesn't sound right. It has resonnace problem, maybe from the horn and the woofer. It has delay problem, between the woofer the horn, and the mid and the bmse . Yes you can listen to music but it is not a ''reference'' loudspeaker. The image is not clear and, for me, detail are missing. Do you feel the same ?

Attachments

• u15warterfall.jpg
    u15warterfall.jpg
    463.1 KB · Views: 187
  • u15phase.jpg
    u15phase.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 179
  • u15impulse.jpg
    u15impulse.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 177
  • u15distortion.jpg
    u15distortion.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 175
  • u15 mesurement.jpg
    u15 mesurement.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 163
Thank you for asking. Actually I have been quite satisfied with my "active" U15 pair for about two years now. I am pretty sure that my pair had damaged crossovers (I bought it "for parts or repair") but I had intended to run them active. Other than removing the x-overs, and installing speaker terminals, I converted them from ported to (more or less) sealed box. I put a piece of fiberglass insulation in for batting. The horns have a "ghetto" version of the Geddes HOM plug (mine is poly-fill) + the "towel cowl". Of course the active EQ gets tweaked from time to time. Overall I am happy with these speakers. Other than very brief auditions of other horn speakers, I have no frame of reference to find fault with my battered U15s. :) If you have any more questions please ask here (or message me). I can offer you links to old posts by me or other U15 owners.

No recent measurements. My crossover is run via JRMC (JRiver Media Center) and output to 8-channel DAC. This works ok since nearly all my listening is via JRiver. However, I do not get reliable output of other sounds (such as REW) through the "wdm" interface. Thus, I cannot get a reliable test with the active EQ in the circuit. I tune my speaker as best I can. I can use REW ASIO direct to the DAC and test each "way" separately, semi-manual. I could give you individual sweeps (woofer, mids, tweeter) but what is the point? Instead of the factory x-over points (300 and 1250 Hz I think), I use 300 and 1000 Hz.

Last edited:
Great to see someone else that had the same idea ! I will also use an 8 channel dac, I might choose the minidsp 8 ch dac. I'm not sure yet. Which dac do you use?

I planned to use Software with all independent sweep to blend it together. I might need some help to accomplish it, but in the end it might be a very good compromise of the real danley

I'm sure we can do better crossover with active filters to avoid the phase shift that you can see in my measurement. Also we can do a better job with some EQ on the woofer and in the mid.

I have everything in hands except the dac and the time to start this. :)

Attachments

• u15crossover.png
    u15crossover.png
    90.1 KB · Views: 46
My I/O is the

USB Audio Streaming : USBStreamer B

Which does 8-channel ADAT mode to the
ADA8200 | Interfaces | Computer Audio | Behringer | Categories | MUSIC Tribe

I like MiniDSP products but, unlike many here who are appalled :gasp: by Behringer, I am ok with it, and it was a slightly cheaper option for me.

Magig160, I am flattered that you would discuss your project here, in my topic of my Danley ravings :) You may get more participation if you started your own thread once you are actively modding your U15's. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.