What The....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Pays to know your product and prices when you are bidding on ebay. I'm amazed at times at what some people will pay...... even much higher than RRP..... they must get a buzz out of the bidding process.

Someone knows how to make a few $$$.

BTW, the sub amp I bought from you is going great.

Cheers
Rabbitz

tell me abaout ebay..

about 18 months ago I put a cashregsiter on ebay, I had paid $89 for it instead of the 149.99 msrp and salespriced at $129.99 that it was priced, cause it was the last one: they had and no box, no manual etc... a casio model, actually a pretty good starters model.

After i switched to a computerized cash register I decided I was going to sell it and put it up with a reserve price of 20$. I did not follow up day to day but when the time was up, I noticed the final price I had made was 151.50 (plus shipping to NH)
I do have to tell you that after I had purchased it, I had requested and received a copy of the manual and a vhs tape with some minor instructions from Casio, so the machine was pretty much complete. But paying more than the msrp for a product in the USA = you need to be really stupid!

J-P

Yup I looked for Zalman flower coolers for silent running of the PC. There were two bids going on a the same time at what seemed to be reasonable prices. I forgot about the bids until the end, I have a thing about that, it can get annoying. Either way im glad I did they both reached £23 give or take 50p. So I looked at computerprices.co.uk and bought one new for closer to £20.

Also there was some QED silver anniversary speaker cable going, I was interested in buying some. The bid went on and ended at more then what you pay new from a shop when P&P is included.

People mis quote the price Silver A can be had for in the shops in their bids, maybe to get the price up. They always say that single wire is 5.50 per meter and biwire is £10. You can have single for £4.50 and bi for £8.50.

Yeah Jye

This thing started as a B&W ASW500 until I had a problem with the woofer (I repaired it and used elsewhere).

Added a Peerless 10" XLS, an extension housing for the amp so I could get the volume I wanted and added some corner braces & stiffeners.... chipboard box. Glad the amp didn't have a boost as it would have been too much. Easy to disable the boost in the PE amps anyway.

The B&W flowports are a beauty, but without the full info on calculating using these, took a punt (knew some values from the B&W info), some commonsense and did some testing. No chuffing with this port and it's only 65mm dia. So the ends with the dimples really do something.

The top pic shows the box with the extension and the flowport and the bottom pic is the final thing without the grille. Had to make a new grille as the B&W grille was too close to the woofer.

Attachments

• asw500.jpg
    asw500.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 257
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.