A houseful of great speakers and a Peavey Sp-3 is the winner.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am a mixing and mastering guy. I have B&W 801s fired by a Bryston power amp. I have Tannoy reveals, I have owned and blew up Dunlaveys. I have a lot of high end speakers. I know accurate speakers.

For my own listening however none even come close to the Old Peavey Sp-3s which have the original 22a driver and original Eminence woofer (similar to the klipsh 15 woofer used in Khorn etc) True, I am biamping and dsp'ing them into submission with the infamous behringer dcx2496 of course and using a very good sub but the fact remains *no direct radiating speakers can come close to properly designed compression drivers in a good horn loaded cab.* So very clean and dynamic and pure. Which leads me to really want to hear a Synergy system in my mastering room. I can almost taste it. It would be so nice to enjoy listening to the same speakers I work with.
Come on Tom Danley , we can do this!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.