Help with Centre Speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all

Just got hold of a B&W LCR60 S3 centre speaker to match my front 602 S3s; had a wrecked tweeter diaphragm but all good apart form that. However, I've noticed the right hand driver seems to be quieter than the left one! I've swapped the drivers round to make sure there isn't a failing driver, and it sounds exactly the same. Does anyone know where i can get a crossover Schematic for one of these, or a way to test for the fault on the crossover unit? I've had a look and can't see any signs of damage, but obviously being passive components I doubt it will be obvious! I don't want to have to return it and will happily buy parts if need be....but need to know how to identify it first - or if in fact one driver is meant to have a different response range than the other!

Thanks all! :)

just to update this - i've managed to get together a diagram of the crossover - it's listed as HF/ULF/LLF crossover board - so maybe i've never tonoticed that one is for LF and one for midrange before?!

Anyway - see attached. any help appreciated!

Attachments

• crossover.jpg
    crossover.jpg
    853.5 KB · Views: 87
Thanks you my friend - i was looking for the service manual with schematics of the crossover though :)

So from the crossover diagram you would expect the output from one driver to be different from the other? (I'm not too up with my L-R-C logic i'm afraid!)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.