fully active ms 700 re invention. build or not?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
IMG_0218.JPG Hi all. Years ago built a new baffle for mordant short 700 I got out a skip. First ever audio project.
Since photo I have replaced all drivers except Decca 10 ribbon tweeter which have new ribbons. Now running fully active. Lots of issues. Now
Mid:vifa NE123W-08
Bass peerless 830669 12".
Mid NE123W in original 6litre stuffed cardboard tube sounds lovely.
Horn pushes tweeter 100mm behind mid. Integration is horrible.
Bass is my real issue. Sounds awful. 80 liters with stuffing nearfeild bass alignment tested perfect with rew. I think box coloration is the major issue. 18mm chipboard with minimal 2mm damping I had added. Woefully inadequate with no bracing. Whatever is done to frequency response bass is horrible ( and doesn't extend low).
I now have digi minidsp and 6 channels amps and dacs so could time align mid tweet, linkwitz transform bass extension ect.
Opinions please. Is it worth Major cabinet damping (thinking 13mm mdf cork sandwich) and thicker baffle with mid tweet as close as poss. Nicely 70s retro but these things are big and need to sound great to justifie the real estate used. All thoughts ideas welcome. Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.