Speaker crossover caps upgrade?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Having fiddled with the same speakers with similar crossover configurations but different components. I came to this conclusion. The more you spend the more you want to believe it's better but it aint neccisarily so. Mundorf Supreme & Auricap & Audyn were to my ears audibly superior to the generic polypropylenes they replaced. Replacing the eletrolytics in the bass part of the circuit with quality polypropylene improved everything else including mid & highs. Whatever is in the circuit will add its qualities or lack there of to everything else that passes through it. The boutiques like Mundorf Gold /silver oil & Silver Oil added perhaps a pleasant coloration with the silvers having a more neutral resolution edge when used with say ribbon tweeters. Put it this way I don't think I would use them for anything other than ribbon tweeters ever again. 90% crossover design 10% components when it comes to overall sound improvement contribution. My 2 c worth

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.