Tang Band w3-594s 3" & 295-320 12" project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow!

Ya I finished them. The finish was kinda hit and miss. I'll post a picture of them finished.

The speakers were a little bright. I wired the upper Tang Band and lower Tang Band out of phase (which I'm sure did wonders to the freq response on a first order crossover :D ). I will try and run just one full range as see how that sounds.

The bass is alright. Its there, but its not towering, however I think it may be a room mode, as when I stand up, the bass gets louder. Maybe I need to wire them out of phase or something.

Anyways I have been working on another secret project in the mean time, while these get broken in doing TV duty.

Heres my write up on them on my webpage, its not finished yet, but I'll finish it soon.

BTW, thanks for caring :crying: :D

Alright as promised heres some pics.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Also I have some recomendations if you decide to use the PartsExpress vinyl laminate. Don't use any type of additional adhesive behind the laminate (like elmers glue). I had a hard time with wrinkles, which you can kinda see in the pic. However on the other speaker I didn't use any additional adhesive and they came out much better. Also get some you can spread out bubbles with, even if its a cheap plastic plaster spreader, those worked fine for me.

dvdwmth said:
Navin,

What would the rear firing drivers do. I assume its a lowpass filter your suggesting (ie. filter out the frequencies above the filter, just to be sure Im using the right term) so they would provide some low mid reinforcement, but why on the back? I've seen rear drivers suggested many times but I dont know why they are used.
I'm not Navin but;
The rear drivers would be for baffle step compensation. They only need to provide support below the baffle step frequency which is why the low pass filter is there. A nice benefit is, when wired in phase, they also balance the mechanical effects of the front drivers on the cabinet and provide a more "open" sound to the speaker.

Re: feet

ogp said:
Is that front foot just chrome pipe for faucets and such? How did you end up mounting to the bottom of your cab? Any ideas for ends?

Its actually curtain rod, that I picked up at Home Depot. It was like $10 for a 6' length. Its more of a stainless steel color, but very shiny.

To mount it I just drilled a 2 holes all the way through the pipe that were a little bigger than the screw threads. Then redrilled one of the ends so that the hole was bigger than the head of the <panhead> screw. Then I just dropped the screw in through the hole and tightened it down on the other end.

Attachments

• tbdaytonfeet.gif
    tbdaytonfeet.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 128
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.