Help matching inductor values audax center channel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First post, just signed up and searched for some clues before posting this problem.

Trying to duplicate Audax's center channel. My problem is the inductor values shown in the original plan. Madisound's Audax center plan shows different inductors/values while keeping the capacitors and resistors the same as the Audax original. Is it ok to substitute like the example below?

Audax : 2.7 mH 16 AWG 0.53 ohms
Madisound: 2.75 mH 19 AWG 1.05 ohms

Audax: Erse iron core inductor 6.8 mH 0.48 Ohm .
Madisound: Their Brand iron core 7.0 18 AWG 1.2 Ohm

Are these acceptable/ interchangable?

Thanks a lot for any help.

drovn said:

Audax : 2.7 mH 16 AWG 0.53 ohms
Madisound: 2.75 mH 19 AWG 1.05 ohms

Audax: Erse iron core inductor 6.8 mH 0.48 Ohm .
Madisound: Their Brand iron core 7.0 18 AWG 1.2 Ohm

Are these acceptable/ interchangable?

I just ordered my parts from Madisound a couple of weeks ago and I used parts from the sale page for the 2 coils in question. I believe you would be degrading the performance a bit with your substitution of an 18AWG coil in series with the woofers.

http://www.madisound.com/3way.html

Thanks, regarding DCR though...

Thanks for the replies,

I'm basically just trying to figure this out:
If I'm following someone's plan and I pick a coil with the same mH value, I really should shoot for the lowest DCR like a 12 or 14ga aircore and not worry about what the original plan had specified?

Thanks again, good forum and if anyone has a good center channel plan, please let me know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.