Two-way bi-amped speaker with active crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for the information Richidoo! I'm trying to get a handle on the basic design problems, and was wondering if I had made some novice errors.
Yesterday, I learned that I can use an anechoic room at a local college. One of the professors there is an audio enthusiast and has a few tools to take sound measurements. So I am hoping to get some data in the near future and take a look at this baffle step.
Part of the reason I cannot hear music in my car is that I often travel with my kids, and my son can talk non-stop for hours. And I don't raise the volume too high when they are in the car. The cars I had before the kids came along did not have very good sound systems.

Thanks for the information Richidoo! I'm trying to get a handle on the basic design problems, and was wondering if I had made some novice errors.
Yesterday, I learned that I can use an anechoic room at a local college. One of the professors there is an audio enthusiast and has a few tools to take sound measurements. So I am hoping to get some data in the near future and take a look at this baffle step.
Part of the reason I cannot hear music in my car is that I often travel with my kids, and my son can talk non-stop for hours. And I don't raise the volume too high when they are in the car. The cars I had before the kids came along did not have very good sound systems.

Lucky you, wish i had access to a anechoic room :)

I ran the crossover LTSpice simulation again with varying attenuation on the high frequencies and the output curve looks very close to the compensations used in the articles on BSC.
But the step frequency is supposed to be about 115/.165 meters = 700Hz (Assuming by "width of the baffle" they mean horizontally across the face. And mine is 6.5 inches (.165 meters)). My crossover frequency is 450 Hz, so I'd have a small valley.
I'm thinking that if I attach a board across the face to make it wider, and drop the step frequency down to 450 Hz, I could compensate for it by attenuating the full range driver signal. The board could be mounted off-center so the drivers are at non-multiple distances from the edges.
Time for some measurements.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.