Dynavox paper cone (phenolic ring) tweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
should have some use in multi-way and some "helper" tweeter applications

ovoU8pP.gif

Last edited:
in the US they are imported under the Dynavox name - I'm not sure how to use the 10oz magnet model as it appears to have a bump on the bottom and even with 1uF highpass, wants to corner around 3K - how does one successfully use one with a high crossover?
With one of these bad boys:
mh-audio.nl/RLC_Series_Resonant_Calculator

If the mechanical Q causes a peak in the unfiltered response, aim for the RLC filter to make the overall impedance dip slightly around the driver resonance - this will give you a slight dip in the transfer function and flatten the freq response.

Last edited:
Those are all 3kHz second order crossovers. Quite reasonable with 8" bass. I do stuff like that myself. You can also do 4uF/0.2mH/6uF or thereabouts for third order.

Acoustic research usually used to cross a bit lower. 5uF or 6uf single cap and 15R attenuator.

here's what I had for onhand for a RCL filter and 3.3uF 1/24th octave with the 10oz magnet Dynavox - that would add about $10 to the cost with an Erse 20ga coil - I'm out of alligator clips and forgot to graph it with a shunt inductor -
9YQDigL.gif

here's the 10oz magnet Dynavox vs Parts Express version with just capacitor highpass - the Parts Express
part really goes low - not sure how clean
i5k4KKD.gif

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.