to replace Millennium with ribbon, help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to everybody, I am new of this forum,

I have an important question to ask the vs help and/suggestion, I thank each for you for what will add.

I have built the speaker Orion Linkwitz, I am satisfied for a lot of characteristics of the sound of Orion of design, and I don't want to criticize the project, for me Orion is a great but incomplete, the perfection doesn't perhaps exist, the judgment is tightly personal.

I don't like it as it plays the Millennium to high frequency, I feel that it misses something on the high frequencies, I have not measured I cannot say with precision a measure, but I feel as a premature roll-off, it is as if it missed a supertweeter to finish up the acute extreme.

I have not perhaps had an optimal joining with timbre of amplifiers and speakers, I believe to use some equipments, I use Bryston PP60 + bp25, cables Kimber and Analysis.

I have had for 8 years a speaker dipole with ribbon RES SKY, to comparison with the Millennium I feel that they miss a lot of information to high frequency, they miss so many small present tones in high freq. and it misses airy.

I won't ask suggestion to Linkwitz, he doesn't love the sound of the ribbons, and if the Millennium is the good dome tweeter that he knows, me no I have alternatives to ask to him however.

I thought, as first step, to replace the Millennium with a ribbon, type the SA8535 (for me very expensive) or other ribbon able to work with cross to 1545hz 24db lr.
The second step, could be to buy a digital crossover to adapt better the cross.

Has someone had similar experience, can someone help the change to appraise me?
Thanks to everybody

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.