Driver 'break-in' period

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nobody disputed the T/S changes. What is disputed is Spectral changes over time. Nobody has ever proven that this happens.

Anyone who is satisfied by a handwaving statement and a stupid analogy (drivers are not beverages, and not all fine wines improve with age) is not truly a curious person.

I say again, the fact that the changes in sound are anecdotally always to the better indicates that accomodation is the reason for the break-in phenomenon.

Nobody disputed the T/S changes.

Of course did some lately. Thats the reason why I asked Per Skaaning about his experience.

What is disputed is Spectral changes over time. Nobody has ever proven that this happens.

TSP do of course influence both the temporal behaviour and the behaviour in the frequency domain. The latter over a small range of course, but if you have multiway speakers ........... ;)

is not truly a curious person

I think I am curious enough. My actual question was definitely answered in a professional manner :D
The wine statement, although not very technical, isn't that disturbing anyway.

Regards

Charles

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.