Loudspeaker phase in car audio system

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

i need advice about this.in car audio system,speaker is face to face / off axis position.not like at home,which speaker is direct to listener.how about phase inverting in car audio system,if they put in factory door location when the left and right speaker is off axis and face to face position?is the speaker phase is reverse to 180 degree ?How about if i change the 1 side speaker polarity,is that mean back to 0 degree?

I still don't understand for make sure the correct phase in car audio system.

Anyone have advice about hi end driver can use in car audio system?I already try Vifa-scanspeak,anyone know other brand maybe?

the problem is in mid low frequency i think,several time i install audiophile system in car,and i found the sound is not open in mid high,many loose in mid low....so i think this is because woofer placement in car which left and right speaker is off axis.

i use RTA for make passive crossover and found frequesncy response is already flat at +/- 3 db.so i think the unopen mid high and bad mid low is the acoustic problem.because the equipment is use like cd player,cable and amp is already tested in home and already repro good sound.Speaker use is already good driver,that is VIFA m18 woofer for car audio use and Scan speak 9500 tweeter.So i am going to research about acoustic i think,where i very amateur about that.

i still not have time to try angle the speaker.but maybe i will try,after i sure the problem is in phase because of woofer placement.

I need advice everybody...:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.