Impedence question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am going to be building a set of 2-way's which will have a 4 ohm minimum impedence. All my tools and what not are at my parents house and they only have amplifiers which are designed for a typical 8 ohm load. I would like to be able to test the speakers there before driving all the way to my apartment just to find out something needs to be adjusted.

So my question: Will your standard solid state amp play the 4 ohm speakers provided i do not turn up the volume much at all? Or should I bring my amplifier to my house for testing? (would rather not have to do that).

as this is my first DIY 2-way (thought a sub would be a good first project), I just want to make sure the crossover integrates the drivers decently before I drive a half hour only to hook them up, decide I need to l-pad the tweeter, and drive another half hour back home where i keep everything.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.