Actual T/S parameters for Peerless drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

When searching this forum and on the web in general it seems that the T/S parameters published by Peerless are far from accurate. It seems strange that one of the largest manufacturers of DIY speaker units does not provide the DIY community with a better basis to successfully create the results that they are looking for :smash: . Being a rookie speaker builder I have no clue how to measure the T/S parameters, and I don’t think that I would have to :bawling:

Does anybody know if there is a list or a site that publishes actually measured parameters? I’m especially interested in the CSX and the HDS series.

Thanx,
Henrik

Incorrect information.

I have also read about the discrepancy of measured and published specs of Peerless drivers.
I have three different drivers from Peerless.
CSX 850146
12 inch XLS
12 inch 830537 CC line.

All have measured specs quite comparable to the published ones. The XLS in particular was very close. The 850146 spec is somewhere on this forum. I put it up with the published specs. Do a '850146 " search.

It's possible that some drivers may have had a problem . I think it should not be extended to all their drivers. I think their drivers are great value for money ! Some are probably better value than other brands at many times their price.
Cheers.

T/S parameters

Hi,

Please note that the T/S parameters are highly dependent on the signal amplitude used when they are measured.

You need to use very small signal levels to get linear parameters.

Also it's alvays a nice idear just measure the impedance and "fit" the paramaters to the measured curve.

Hope it helps

\Jens

FWIW, I purchased seven HDS439's a few years ago. When I measured them, using Speaker Workshop, most of the parameters, were reasonably close (within 10%). Fs was higher (around 20%) than spec, but was done with only a day or two of cone break-in (10Hz sine). The key was, they were consistant among the seven. From memory, the variance was less than 5%. From what I have heard, its common for many manufacturers, for speaker parameters to be off by 20%, and some even more.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.