DefTech UIW RLS II ideas

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
I have 3 of these I bought years ago when I had thoughts of an LRC for a HT set up. They are basically a sealed MTM with a PR on each side of the woofers. I have not listened to them but reviews say that they sound great.

Since I do not think I want in walls anymore, I was wondering if one could make:

1. A sealed or BR tower in a T-M-M-PR-PR configuration if only using 2 of the original speakers.

2. Is a T-M-M-M-PR-PR-PR feasible, that way I am left with only one unused tweeter (using all 3 originals).

3. I do not have the T-S parameters for these and I do not think I can get them from DefTech.

4. I know I can just build enclosures around the sealed speaker and call it a sealed tower, but that lacks imagination:(

Thanks for the help :)

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi,
1. I would say this is workable and you can use the same XO. Keep the box similar just rearrange the drivers.
2. Not really feasible. Too many changes.
3. You have to measure them yourself but if these are a decent speaker then you might not need them.
4. Easiest and most foolproof.

EDIT: These appear to be a pricey little unit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.