Designer Hardware

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone out there know where I could get some nicely finished hardware? When I buy furniture, the screws are always chrome or some other nice finish, but you can't get this stuff at Home Depot.

I would love some nice chrome hex-head screws to attach my drivers to the baffle, instead of the boring old black panhead variety.

When I Google for "Designer Hardware", all I find are kitchen cabinet pulls.:rolleyes:

Bill - Stainless would perfect. And there are specialty hardware stores just a few blocks from my home, but they cater to professionals, and are not open on evenings/weekends. So the internet is actually more convenient for me.

Bob - I'll probably just buy some stainless screws, but that mini plating wand looks pretty slick. Let us know if you try it.

Re: Self Tapping vs. Wood vs. Sheet Metal

Hagbard said:
Does anyone know if a "Socket Head Sheet Metal Screw" such as this would be appropriate for fastening drivers to an MDF baffle (pre-drilled, of course)?

Will be fine, and are used in a lot of commercial loudspeakers.

A tip : insert screw fully but do not excessively tighten, remove
screw and insert some wood glue, with a cotton bus or matchstick.
This greatly reduces any stripping problems when fully tightening*.
(edit : Allow glue to dry !)

:) sreten.

* If the screw is tightened once, it will be fine, but
knowing DIY types IMO this is extremely unlikely !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.