Devore Orangutan Clone?

Thanks for asking and finding out.

Sounds good to me, maybe a bit strident when she lays into it but that might be recording too.

SEAS 2-WAY A26RE4 + Morel CAT-378 - YouTube
(Carl M16 hours ago)
"Closed box 65 litres, made from 21mm birch plywood. Crossover is 3ohm+3.3uF in series and 0.68mH in parallel for tweeter. And NO crossover for woofer."

Very interesting, sound way different at 50 seconds when close versus when further away. Baffle step. I noticed I had some 3" on an open baffle, sounded awesome and full about a foot away, further away you really lost bass. eh, just boost the bass on receiver or preamp and call it a day.

Norman

Last edited:
Eek, big thread.
With a lots of off and colloquialisms :D
Random post googletranslated:
"Of the non-impregnated only vintage basoviki that on the secondary in Finnish acoustics go zanedorogo, in the same place and a dome and a pshchalka and the body in the kit. If in three bands, then why look unimpregnated, it will be cut off. A26 down does not play deep, - not very out of it 3 bands."
:eek: :mad: :D

Last edited:
Hi,
found an image from an early Orang utan prototype:

IMG_4033.JPG

Looks like a A26RE4 with a Seas Exotic Serie Magnet...

Frank

The role of the boxes/damping/box materials in contributing to the overall acoustic of these types of speakers should not be overlooked.The drivers,crossovers and baffle size are only part of their sound.

Curiously, many diy designers with fancy designs never discuss what should go behind the driver. I use a hybrid of design and materials to attenuate the back wave. The back wave is the same energy as the front, yet hardly ever mentioned in a design. Theorized a lot, but never mentioned.

Her's another good Seas A26 and Morel Cat 378 design:

YouTube