Equalizer Smartphone Apps to fix or improve sound.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm making progress on a father-son build of a boombox for my 9yr old son. Unfortunately, I do not know the specs of the 6.25" 3way car speakers we sourced at the local surplus store. It is being powered with a 3116 ebay amp.

I took a stab in the dark at the dimensions for our build and it has turned out to be 20"wide x 10" tall x 11.5" deep. There is not a partion in the box.

It will play sound for sure. just wondering if I can get it a bit more musical or fix deficiencies in my design by using a software equalizer app on my son's ipad mini or my phone?

Thanks,
Peter

I use Poweramp on all my android devices (6 total) and it has a 10 band eq built in. Plenty of presets and memory function. My sons stereo system is a FAST speaker system (powered sub) old Marantz reciever, and a Tab 2 7.0. When he's in the tub we have a cheap ($10) bluetooth speaker that works quite well but needs a bit of eq to flatten it out. Works very well.

Many of the older android devices don't really have the horse power to handle the demands of a few stand alone eqs that I have tested.

Hope this helps

Turns out his ipad mini and my Samsung Galaxy s3 has various equalizer presets.

We got the speaker done, and he is happy with how it sounds.

uploadfromtaptalk1429627298232.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.