Manninen presents: Steel is Real

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all.

I don´t have much experience making diy speakers except those teenage years car subwoofers of course, every one has done those.

But i sure done some bicycles my own and even my car is ruined japanese buddha.

At this point wood ain´t option cause i have to take the crown away from those local "townloonies/ village idiots", yes im talking to you Juhazi and Legis.

Here we go, go make your popcorn. nao i go meik some speakers

1st pic

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If you ask something, i´ll reply just funny gif´s or cat pictures

If not steel, aluminium and copper will be OK.....

Attachments

• Magico-Q5-Frame.jpg
    Magico-Q5-Frame.jpg
    619.3 KB · Views: 2,284
Come on guys.... That is the skeleton of the Magico Q5, a sixty-grand (US) 180kg, 4-way sealed box without the "skin". Machined from solid blocks of alu. and brass, should be inert enough, I guess. Wifey can't just throw those out, at least not without a forklift :)

Ok, let´s stop this mystery

speakers we´re/are
beyma tpl-200h
phl audio 3450
phl audio 7201nd, this is we`re because phl cant make basket anymore some how atleast this point.

i ordered these 3/26/15, and yesterday got mail about 7201nd incident and i swap bass into bms 18n862, bit more hardcore specs. 4-6weeks to get these so i will be making snowmans before getting these fully done

I had in mind that i install speakers magnet mount but that too i swap bit more into
3591085509_9c039e8b03.jpg

tentacle mount.

i hope i receive mid´s and high´s within 10-14days so i´ll start making those mounts next week

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ePIZugahFc
let´s hit it with cruel summer cause waiting these is too cruel

Last edited:
Last edited:
Posted a sealed box simulation of the PHL 3450 using T/S parameters from their website: F3 ~ 224Hz in a 0.13cuft sealed box for Qtc=0.71. Most designers favor the superior transient response and low phase shift of a sealed midrange. The PHL 3450 spec has an Fs of 80Hz and Qtc of 2.4, so a ported box ~ 0.4 cuft tuned to 130Hz can provide -3db of 125Hz with a modest bass shelf.

The 18" BMS 18N862 woofer datasheet SPL looks up to the challenge of even a 225Hz crossover needed for the sealed box PHL 3450. BMS 18N862, VB = 179.1 L, FB = 22.9 Hz, F3=33 Hz,

The Beyma SPL plot for the TPL-200H suggests a 2KHz crossover, an LR4 slope would be a good first simulation. The TPL-200H is Beyma's highest efficiency and highest power handling AMT. The Beyma TPL-150H treads emphasis the need to select a midbass crossover frequency which has a polar pattern similar to the 80H x 30V of the TPL-200H horn. I could not find a polar plot for the PHL 3450.

Attachments

• PHL3450_3451_TS.jpg
    PHL3450_3451_TS.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 112
  • PHL 3450 SPL Sealed.JPG
    PHL 3450 SPL Sealed.JPG
    156.2 KB · Views: 136
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.