Manninen presents: Steel is Real

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
what i could done differently might be 21" ipal or 21ID, but 862 seems pretty good, could be that someday theres 2 poles per side, my amp give its best performance to 2,67ohm, aint that close 3x8ohm parallel?

and that slot bass is interesting too, i would do it twin ipals, 20mm steel of course and call it The Ripuli.

By the way my first choice was PD2450 but i was sure i got problem mechanical and air noises, those plus base had to weight over 100kg. My fishingline arms would be in trouble.

Last edited:
well, one great thing about opposing woofers
on a ripole / SLOB setting
is the complete avoidance of frame vibrations;
no need for 100kg speaker

come on, make yourself a quick&dirty ripole sub with your 18s"

BTW, you can hang your 15" & 6" drivers with steel wire
and still keep the "Steel is Real" theme
:)

Last edited:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Seas mp14rcy which i had short time on 3-way. on it´s scale 420-2k sounded like theres beehive underneath dustcap, on naked you could hear magnet cooling buzzing, it even mixed up vocals really badly. buzz was partly gone when cooling was blocked. i had to put them back into box.
Really interesting cause same seas speaker is used high-end diy hifi c1 and 45/3
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Pekka-Tuomela-HIFI-453-22368_16836.jpg

really interested to see those speakers measured cause they are still pretty open, hifi c1 at least cause theres double the buzz.

amp box is success! normally idles 15-25 per channel, close the boxes front and temp rises to 26-37, (around 40 fans start to accelerate) turn 3pc dead silent noctuas on and temp sucks down to 17-26.

i think box is more quite than if you put deadly 20CFM fans to bare amp, now i can keep my 60CFM´s in and theres 3x49,3CFM sucking the amps.

just success!

Last edited:
I visited manninen yesterday. The speakers are huge and astoundig. Sound is balanced and clear lowest bass is missing though. We played with adjustable posts and even changed arrangement. It is difficult to analyze measurement made in a room. Endless tuning possibilities, this is just the beginning...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.