easy rounded corners

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You could also just build your box the way you usually do, and use something like this:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

(Since I don't know the english word for this thingie, I use a picture... A pictures says more than a thousand words)

I don't think the wood joint with a strip like that will be as strong as a normal joint (using glue and screws).

But for building furniture (at places where no strength is necessary) it looks VERY interesting!

Grtz, Joris

the joint would be as strong as another glued joint. You are still glueing mdf to mdf. YOu just have twice as many joints to fail or leak but should be strong enough.
especially if you laminate the box. you can still use screws or staples before you laminate.

Another use, in case your still worried about a loss of strength, is to build the regular square box, then mount the mdf corners on the sides of the box, and fill in the gap with something like sand. That way you can have a box with the same strength(?) and ease of constrution, and still have the 3'' radius corners on the box. Currently i am doing something similar, the only difference is that the line arrays are only 3'' deep, so all i have to do is mount the solid half rounds to the side. It ends up looking similar to that crushed sonotube project someone created a while ago, except smaller in stature.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.