Woofer ID Wanted: "RSSW15 96 24 MADE IN TAIWAN"

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just got this woofer cheap at a hamfest. The resonant frequency is about 21hz, determined by an HP202 sine oscillator, series resistor and oscilloscope. DC resistance is about 6 ohms.

Googling RSSW15 brings up this woofer, which has the exact same markings as my woofer, even the "96 24" that looks to me like a date code. Except mine looks perfectly new, and doesn't have the blue stuff (glue?) around the magnet/frame connection:
http://mlm-s2-p.mlstatic.com/bocina...afle-rssw15-22692-MLM20234442595_012015-F.jpg
This apparently says it's a 15" woofer, but I measure 12" across the cone, to the inside of the surround.

I suppose I should measure the T/S parameters in order to effectively use this thing (I recall using a 1 cubic foot box to measure the change in resonant frequency for some woofers many years ago). Since I have only one, it's going to be a bass guitar amp speaker.

And while I think about it - when you DO have parameters for a speaker, do you trust the manufacturer's specs, or do you measure them yourself and use your own numbers for a one-off or single-pair speaker design?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.