Peerless HDS 830869 measurement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Oh dure, cabinet volume won't be a problem,although I've seen somewhere on web that one builder made it work in 20 litres to "make it sing".
Michael I've made some day ago a simulation of the bass section of the project you suggested and I've seen a rather high presence of middles around 1000 hz,might it explain the bass lackness you told?

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Ah ok. I downloaded it the other day and have had a small play with it. Looks pretty powerful! I use jeff and charlies spreadsheets, and speaker workshop. Means multiple things in the workflow but the results are good.

Was the glitch at 150Hz in the original zma file? I thought it looked like a splicing problem,, the nice thing about the response blender is that it splices over a range rather than at a set point, which results in a very smooth transition from modeled to measured data.

Tony.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I just tried to replicate your bass response in unibox, you have it in a 20L sealed enclosure?!

If you want to go with something that small, then I think that 20L vented tuned to 45Hz would be a good compromise between bass extension and transient response.

Attached is comparison between sealed 20L and vented 20L tuned to 45Hz. also attached is step resonse for the vented, which is VERY good for a vented enclosure!

Tony.

Attachments

• peerless_83086_comparison.gif
    peerless_83086_comparison.gif
    26.3 KB · Views: 368
  • VB Step Response Peerless  830869.gif
    VB Step Response Peerless 830869.gif
    26 KB · Views: 352
hi andreaemme

I found the zma files for you. There are 2 sets, one is in Free Space and the other is when loaded into a 35L vented box.

I'm afraid I can't find the frd without any crossover. All I have are frd with crossover already installed.

I can't upload with zma extension. After you download, change the txt to zma.

I've tried the 830869 in vented boxes of 20L and 35L. With 35L, it goes lower but midbass is very weak. Reducing the volume to 20L and tuning the box slightly higher improved the midbass at the expense of low bass. These are all with a 2-way designs. Hope it helps.

Attachments

• PEERLESS 830869_Z.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 52
  • PEERLESS 830869.gif
    PEERLESS 830869.gif
    41.2 KB · Views: 342
  • 830869_35L.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 54
  • 830869_35L.gif
    830869_35L.gif
    40.3 KB · Views: 327
Thank you very much fot your interest and for measurements but after your comments I'm planning to continue my search of a mid-bass punchy woofer, also because I can't go down 30 liters in my existing cabinet.
So I'll open a new thread about similar reviewed driver : (
Bye thanks again!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.