Continuum build in Infinity Reference One cabs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was wondering if it would be possible to use some old Infinity Reference One cabinets that I have for a Continuum build. The cabinets are almost exactly the same dimensions and have almost the same internal volume...
Of course in the future I would like to put them in some official cabinets but that will happen in summer I think...

Any thoughts?

After looking up the Continuum project, I don't see why it work out just fine.
I did notice the Continuums are a bit less in volume, but one could & probably should reinforce the interior of the old cabinets...& doing so will be decreasing the internal volume...just what you want.
Are those old cabinets really that beat up whereby you will be wanting to do all new cabinets at a later date?

____________________________________________________Rick..........

Apart the obvious fact that baffle dimension and driver layout should be roughly equal between the two boxes (*), you also need to rear-mount the woofer: are you able to do that with the infinity box? Are the baffle thickness roughly equal?

Ralf

(*) It seems that dimension are different: 9" vs 8" width and 14.2" vs 12.5" height.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.