mounting speakers near wall/ceiling juncture

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What issues am I going to run into mounting a speaker about a foot below the ceiling and about 6 inches off the wall, angling down at about 30 degrees?

I imagine this might necessitate crossover changes if the speaker was designed to be placed away from the wall.

A friend wants to mount some speakers in this location so he has broad coverage when there are lots of people standing around.

The speakers may be MB20s, six of them playing in "party mode" crossed over to a sub.

.....................so you have worries about reflections from the ceiling. Isn't this what Bose and turbo sound do? Well that is a tough one - if it matters at all. You could calculate all the reflected angals but I suppose that some of the result will in phase, some out, and the rest a spread of everythin in between. What is the ceiling made of? Too many rariables for my small head. I'd just put em up and listen.
You might find that some frequencies become exagerated while some are cancelled out. Its got be better than firing across people's heads though. I would use an active crossover and a graphic equiliser

I think the best would be to make a set of stands that mount them about 7' high (9' foot ceilings). Maybe I can be clever and make a stand that easily converts from normal listening height to partay mode.

Watching TV with speakers four feet above them sounds like it would be irritating.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.