Please comment on my W8-740C design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And a picture of the completed sub comfortably ensconced in its corner home at my brother's house.

It does sound good and produces impressive bass for an 8 inch driver and 100W amp.

The application is neat as well. The whole HT system? The sub plus a 32" TV. That's it. I just played with xover freq knob and gain knob to match the TV's speakers as best possible. Sounds pretty good if you ask me.

Attachments

• 8inchsubfinal.jpg
    8inchsubfinal.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 821
Thought about that

Two TB 8-740C in compound in a 8L (0.28 cu ft) enclosure. Two BR ports 3/4" 140mm long. Box size approx 250mm wide, 250 deep and 220 high. Only thing is that I would make it downfiring and the legs would have to be long enough to enable the second driver to be mounted. The amp would need to be elsewhere as wel.

The efficiency would be lousy with 81db 1w/1m and it will not really go low but it would be so cooooool:D

Edit: sorry, I'm in the wrong thread:eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.