Close/Middle field monitors project for pro and hi-fi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!
I want to build a pair of monitors to use when I work on my computer(both listening to music and working on recordings).
My budget is somewhere around 300-500USD. Those speakers need to be fast, high resolution, flat frequency responce.
I heard very different opinions about Fountek FW168 and NEOCD3, some people say it is very good, many say its not, so I'm confused now.
My room is around 16 square meters. Amplification will come later, so its not a concern now. What do you guys think?

I'm thinking of stand near near my desk, so more mid, than near field. Those will give better bass responce, I don't really want additional subwoofer.
Fast: don't really know how to call it, for example, some speakers when listening to metal music sound really bad, all instruments blend together, also need it to be able to reproduce punchy, aggresive sound, as i listen metal music.

Joined 2014
Paid Member
You will have to look far and wide to find something DIY as carefully designed as the Zaph unit. Within your requirements I think that hits it on the head. The best part is that Zaph very carefully documented the design and why decisions were made, so if you do want to make any changes to suit your application, then you know where to start.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.