Peerless 850122 vs 850439

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am going to build some MTM towers very soon but am caught between 2 drivers to use bass, the 6.5" CSX and 6.5" HDS, they use the same motors and suspension and have all the same features although the HDS has an cast aluminium basket. the CSX models better, is cheaper and people have said they like the sound more. Okay so going by this i would assume it is better and buy them, but why does peerlesses top of the line woofer (HDS) not sound as good as their cheaper line? is the 6.5 csx just a lucky gem and a great buy, or does the HDS really have something over it?
Also the HDS seems to have 1db of sensitivity over the CSX and i wanted efficiency but is 1db worth spending the extra $25 per driver.
Please help

Oh and by the way i have two tweeters in mind, either the seas 27TFFC(91db) or the Peerless HDS/XLS custon tweeter(93db) and both are 6ohm.
please help me out with these speakers, thankyou.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.