energy 22 reference connoisseurs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi folks.....

im have a pair of energy 22 reference connoisseur speakers which i recently had the tweeters rebuilt....i think the insulation inside the cabinet needs replacing and im wondering if anyone out there knows or has pictures behind the woofer cavity as im sure the original layout of damping insulation has been tampered with....is there insulation directly behind woofer? or is it only lined along rear wall by the xover....thanks in advance ....M

Hello, I have the energy 22 reference, non-connoisseur, they are front ported. The insulation is pretty much filled throughout the cabinet with only a small void between the woofer and the port. I've read the connoisseurs are done a similar way but the channel in the insulation goes between the woofer
and the rear port at the base of the speaker. You should be able to find pictures of the speaker with the woofer removed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.