vifa logic x-0ver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have the vifa logic BC14SG49-4 and AC25SG05-4. I was going to attempt to replicate the Madisound swifty speaker kit. But the kit used the 8 ohm version of the midwoofer. The differences seem to be too much to try and re configure the kits x-over. I found an x-over for these drivers. But it seems odd to me. It appears to have no damping for the tweeter. There is a 7db difference in spl between the woofer and tweeter.
http://www.chyna.wz.cz/audio/index.htmlWill this work ?

Last edited:
Not too sure about that xo in link. The phase seems way off and you're right, there's no tweeter attenuation although a 5-10ohm resister in line before the HP filter would be a simple starting point.

As far as the swifty goes, Just cut the inductor in half and double the cap on the woofer circuit to accept the 4ohm model and it should be very close.

David

C2051 attenuate the tweeter. Crossover seems to be OK.

EDIT: hmm... on the second look, "position" and "relative distance" are 0 mm both for the midbass and the tweeter. Maybe simulation is not the correct one, regarding the actual position of the drivers.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.