UM12 based 3way - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 12th December 2014, 03:10 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default UM12 based 3way

I don't post often but wanted to share this 3way build that is almost completed. http://http://techtalk.parts-express...y-Needs-a-name

Not a real sensitive system. I would have to put it at about 80-81db. But with the power my friends has, its a non-issue really. Not insane levels, but still easily doing 85-88db at the listening position about 10 feet away. We could have gone active and run the um12s on a another amp but he really wanted to run the system on a single amp. It really does sound fantastic and does everything we had hoped for.
Old 26th December 2014, 01:54 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Just a little update if anyone is interested. These now have a name: Trinity. The driver integration is fantastic. Phase tracking and off axis response is very good. And they get louder than sanity would dictate. I have updated the post with measurements and after my friend has recovered from surgery, we will build enclosures for crossovers.
Old 26th December 2014, 03:23 PM   #3
blue934 is offline blue934  Canada
diyAudio Member

The link doesn't seem to work although I'd already followed the thread on tech talk. Nice looking design and probably very doable with available or knock down boxes for the wood challenged builders out there.
That Meniscus Eclipse midwoof seems to be getting good reviews. Guess I'm going to have to try them
Where you going to post XO/FR with null and how do they compare to your Intrepids?

David

Hide this!Advertise here!