Integrating TADs via waveguides with B200s? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th November 2014, 11:17 PM   #1
luigi is offline luigi  New Zealand
diyAudio Member

Default Integrating TADs via waveguides with B200s?

Wondering whether I can do the following?

I have an active two-way crossover set at 250Hz, with lows going to AE15s open baffle, and will not use the high pass because the new proposed set-up wont allow that.
I was using a set of small panels for the mids and highs, crossed at 250Hz which worked okay but lack of dynamics is pushing me back towards cone speakers so I would like to try to integrate with the TADs.

New set-up consists of Visaton B200s running open baffle for the mids (will run these full range initially) and TAD pro tweeters for the highs working through circular waveguides.

I realise that a fair amount of padding will be necessary to get the TADs down to the level of the B200s.

Have started out with a Hawthorne Silver Iris crossover and modified that as per the Radian upgrade (much lower resistor values) so that now the two seem to be approximately level matched.

Would integration be facilitated by knocking the top off the B200s and how should I go about doing that?

Would like to simplify the circuit for the TADs if possible. Wondering if I can get away with just resistors and inductors, like in a series crossover? Currently using the 6.8uF caps.
Any advice appreciated.
Luigi
Old 18th November 2014, 07:36 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

LG,

You should protect the compression drivers with series capacitors in the drive circuit. So, why not use them to fill in part the filter mission as well?

Regards,

WHG

Hide this!Advertise here!