Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

SynTripP: 2-way 2-part Virtual Single Point Source Horn
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th January 2018, 05:27 AM   #631
davidsavill is offline davidsavill  Australia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltersys View Post
Whether inside or out, to get an even level from front to back requires elevation of the top cabinets well above head level and directing them down at the meat bags present at the back of the coverage area.
XOC1's TH18 is not near high enough to place a top cabinet on top and satisfy that parameter with a SynTripP placed on top.

If you think the SynTripP will work for your application, put a pole cup in the TH18 (laying horizontal or vertical) and put a pole under the SynTripP to elevate it to the proper height for the venue, and make sure the base is large enough to withstand wind and errant crowd effects. A large plinth ratchet strapped to the sub is required for safety.
The secondary extension only adds a few kilos, but the directional control it provides is more important indoors than out.

Have fun,
Good luck!

Art

Cool thanks, Art... The XOC1 we built is 115cm high so a little taller than the original I believe but I think you have convinced me we were going for a little too much form over function!

SynTripP on a pole seems the way to go
Old 10th January 2018, 09:09 AM   #632
grec13 is offline grec13  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEO Dan View Post
Looking good

Will you be taking/posting measurements with REW or HOLM Impulse?
Thanks guys.
Maybe in February.
Old 11th January 2018, 08:33 AM   #633
diyAudio Member

Any recommendation for JBL 2384 horn with the 2435HPL driver crossover?
All I found:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jbl 2435 750hz.jpg (17.2 KB, 127 views)
File Type: png jbl 4622 630hz.PNG (69.3 KB, 130 views)
File Type: jpg jbl 2435 800hz.jpg (113.2 KB, 132 views)
Old 11th January 2018, 07:22 PM   #634
mwmkravchenko is online now mwmkravchenko  Canada
Mark Kravchenko
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grec13 View Post
Any recommendation for JBL 2384 horn with the 2435HPL driver crossover?
All I found:
Looking at all your components and their associated cost I'd recommend an active crossover. It would be much more useful and cost effective than the crossover you are looking at. Easy to insert delay as well with an active crossover.
Old 13th January 2018, 03:29 AM   #635
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwmkravchenko View Post
Looking at all your components and their associated cost I'd recommend an active crossover. It would be much more useful and cost effective than the crossover you are looking at. Easy to insert delay as well with an active crossover.
I'm not sure about cost effective. I'm planing to use tube amps, and "cost effective" and "good" is an opposite things there. I have upgraded Behringer DCX2496 and several push-pull and SE tube amps , so I can try.
But I really want to use this Synergy as a passive version that I can feed from one amp.

Last edited by grec13; 13th January 2018 at 03:46 AM.

SynTripP: 2-way 2-part Virtual Single Point Source HornHide this!Advertise here!