Troels Jenzen ER still a good option???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
All good, Troels emailed me back and said he has run the Jenzen's in a room smaller that 20 square meters without problems.

So i think these are now my final decision, i have looked at so many speakers and my last two to pick from were the Jenzens or the Zaph ZRT 2.5 floortsander kit.

I will have a sub in the theater room but think that if i use the room for stereo listening, the Jenzens will have a better stereo sound and bass than the ZRT's.

My only concern was not having a kit available for a center speaker to match the jenzens, but there dont seem to be a lot of center kits for any of the stereo speaker kits i have found. I hope that with time i will be able to find something to match these or learn enough to make something up myself.

Thanks again to everyone for your opinions and advice

Sorry to annoy everyone again, but i still haven't made a decision on speakers.

With the Australian dollar being so low, and the price of shipping, the larger 3 way kits are starting to push closer to $2000 for a pair of fronts.

I am going back to thinking i might run smaller 2 ways and a sub in the theater. (room will be either 4x5m or 5x6m)

I have been reading up heaps about the Kairos Speakers using the SB Satori woofer and tweeter. These i can build for about $1000 per pair so was thinking i may start with a pair and add a sub, then add another pair for rears later.

I have only read good things about these speakers and the price is good. Plus it would be easier just to add a 5th one behind a screen as a center channel if i decided to run one down the track rather than designing something to match a big three way floor stander.

Any opinions on what the Kairos would be like in a home theater? I don't have a sub yet so can build up something to match them afterwards.

Alex...I built a modified center using one of Troels designs and I love it....Nomex-164-Dana You can see it in the first picture. I also upgraded to a SS 6600 tweeter and it's incredible. You can use the XT tweeter and the Peerless woofers and that brings the cost down a lot. It sounded great with the XT! If you're interested I'll post more pics and give more details! Also, that center would match nicely I think with the ER's!

the Satori drivers are amongst the best out there, Kairos in particular is a well designed 2way stand mount.

the SB acoustics drivers are available at WES but unfortunately Kairos crossover are not publicly available, although Joachim's version of the 2way is available in this forum, so you can make your decision for which way to go.

adding subwoofers is always the better option if you can have flexibility on placements than integrated bass modules on the floor stander.

Those look good Clausen, it keeps making my decision harder seeing more options :)

I am still leaning towards the Kairos due to lesser amount of drivers for shipping. Plus Meniscus seem to have good rates to ship to Australia compared to some other companies. Looks like Jeff B who designed the Kairos is designing a bass module to go with them separately so i could build the kairos to start with and add the bass modules down the track, or build subs.
This is such a hard decision as i dont have access to listen to anything i'm looking at, but i want to build a higher end set of speakers so i dont have to upgrade again in the near future.

I've messaged Jeff about this bass module and when it will be available, so i'll see what he says and go from there.

Thanks again for everyones advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.