Beginning of the end? Second project, Mini Datyon8 curved sides.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
http://bbwsd.com/temp/audio/Dayton8/

Might be a big of a big undertaking, but I think I'm up for it. :dead:
I plan on laminating 3 sheets of 1/4 MDF, gluing it all together with nice thick dampening layers of "Tough as Nails" construction adhesive.

I've modeled the Dayton8 design a bit, and I think I like a ~2 cu.ft enclosure a bit more then a 4.4 cu.ft one. And it's also what I believe WayneJ recommended when he designed the crossovers.

I emailed Dave Tenney asking him about the change in Volume, and he told me that the specs changed a lot from Parts Expresses published figures to what he got after a break in period. :eek: He also said that WayneJ’s figures were for a sealed box, I guess we’ll find out.

So I've got my 8's and they have been broken in a bit with 24 hours of a 10-50hz sine wave pumping through them. :hot: I've just finished building my testing jig (Eric Wallin's Jig II ) and I'll have my work room cleaned up enough in the next few days to start doing some T/S measurements (If I can figure out Speaker workshop a little better). :smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.