Help me with SCOOP bracing .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some problems , i build some scoop speaker's and have some questions :

I omitted the bracing sturds behind the speaker , that could be a problem ? What shoud i do ?

I should cover the scoop's in some textil material ?

Should i put some sound absorbing material under the scoop bend section to stop vibrations ?

How can i know if the MDF boards that the scoop is made of ( 18 mm ) is good mounted , glued , etc ?

I just wanna be shore the cab's are good build .

Thanks !

I will post the plan of my scoop .
And a picture of the first cab in construction , not finished .

Attachments

• 15-bass-scoop-print.gif
    15-bass-scoop-print.gif
    34.2 KB · Views: 123

Answers to your problems with construction of scoop!

As you left out the bracing studs,then make sure the MDF is glued and screwed every inch to be strong.
You can cover the MDF in black vinyl 'snake skin' plastic or black or grey carpet and attach it with spray glue.
Or easier paint the MDF with black paint in a tin or use black spray paint and wear mask:att'n: .
The acoustic wadding should only be behind the bass driver in that compartment,as all of the flare[scoop path] should not be lined.
Well there should be no air gaps in the joints and if my mistake there is,then fill with wood filler before painting or covering.
And the MDF should be glued and screwed every inch.
And fit metal corners to protect the cabinet edges from being 'mashed in',if gonna be moved.
If it's for mobile pa/disco use Speakon or XLR sockets only,for install use either Speakon or XLR or binding post is fine.NO 1/4 inch jack because this can't handle powers over 100w.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.