Two Questions - ESP Audio proyect, Loudspeaker Protection and Muting - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th October 2014, 02:07 AM   #1
Fedess is offline Fedess  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Default Two Questions - ESP Audio proyect, Loudspeaker Protection and Muting

Hi everyone,
I'm going to build Rod Elliot's circuit for Loudspeaker DC protection and muting.

This is the link:

http://sound.westhost.com/project33..../project33.htm

I have two questiions about it:

1) I'm going to apply this circuit to protect four channel (a bi-amped stereo system), as the circuit is shown for 2ch operation, my question is how do I add the "DC detector". Should I build two of the "figure 1" detector (please refer to link), or can I do the modification as shown in PS2.JPG? (attached file)

2) Rod Eliiot wrote:

Quote:
NOTE: The power supplies (+ve and -ve) shown in these diagrams will normally be the power amp supply rails. Do not try to substitute different supplies unless you know exactly what you are doing, or the circuit may not work properly. This is especially true of the muting circuit, but incorrect supplies will (may) also affect the DC detection circuit. Like most of my projects, this is intended for experienced constructors.
In my system each channel has it's own rail, and I have only one transformer. Please see PS.JPG (attached); do you think I should have any consideration about this? I don't find any problem with this, but I just want to be sure before building and connecting anything

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PS2.jpg (42.5 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg PS.jpg (76.3 KB, 35 views)
Old 14th October 2014, 02:27 AM   #2
bimo is offline bimo  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedess View Post
Hi everyone,
I'm going to build Rod Elliot's circuit for Loudspeaker DC protection and muting.

This is the link:

http://sound.westhost.com/project33..../project33.htm

I have two questiions about it:

1) I'm going to apply this circuit to protect four channel (a bi-amped stereo system), as the circuit is shown for 2ch operation, my question is how do I add the "DC detector". Should I build two of the "figure 1" detector (please refer to link), or can I do the modification as shown in PS2.JPG? (attached file)

2) Rod Eliiot wrote:

In my system each channel has it's own rail, and I have only one transformer. Please see PS.JPG (attached); do you think I should have any consideration about this? I don't find any problem with this, but I just want to be sure before building and connecting anything

Thanks
You can use it if you have same ground of your all amplifier and the dc protector.
Old 14th October 2014, 03:32 AM   #3
Fedess is offline Fedess  Argentina
diyAudio Member

Yes, I do have same ground of all the amps, thanks.

What about question 1?

Hide this!Advertise here!