Mathcad 2001 professional

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

New user here trying the Mathcad worksheets of MJK. I cannot seem to get these things to work in MCad 2001 professional.
Mcad either says "this version of mcad cannot read this file" (when double-clicking on the mcd file) or says "failed to open document" when I set the option for backward compatibility.

I am trying to run the version 2000 sheets.

regards,

nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

The 2000 worksheets should work fine with MathCad 2001. I use MathCad 11 and can open both the 2000 and 8 versions. Two likely problems :

1. Your PC must recognize the period as the decimal point and not the comma. You may need to switch the configuration of you PC for this to happen.

2. Norton anti-virus 2003 script protection does not like some of the math in the worksheets so you need to disable this fearture of Norton anti-virus. Norton anti-virus 2004 seems to have fixed this bug.

I think Kelticwizard wrote an excellent summary of how to make these changes in a thread a few weeks ago.

Hope that helps,

FM300 said:
Hi,

New user here trying the Mathcad worksheets of MJK. I cannot seem to get these things to work in MCad 2001 professional.
Mcad either says "this version of mcad cannot read this file" (when double-clicking on the mcd file) or says "failed to open document" when I set the option for backward compatibility.

I am trying to run the version 2000 sheets.

regards,

nicolas

I can't open the files under MCad2001 Professional either. I get the same error message. That's on my office computer. I can open them with MCad2001 and use them on another computer down the hall though.

I think the difference is that I once had another (evaluation) version of MathCad on my office computer. MathCad is extremely nasty. Even after I "uninstalled" it, there dozens of MathCad entries left laying around in the "registry". (I'm running [shudder] MS Windows.)

If you figure out how to make it work on your computer, please let me know. And good luck.

Dave

P.s. I don't run any virus scanner, and my decimal points are periods.

Re: Re: Mathcad 2001 professional

Dave Jones said:

I can't open the files under MCad2001 Professional either. I get the same error message. That's on my office computer. I can open them with MCad2001 and use them on another computer down the hall though.

I think the difference is that I once had another (evaluation) version of MathCad on my office computer. MathCad is extremely nasty. Even after I "uninstalled" it, there dozens of MathCad entries left laying around in the "registry". (I'm running [shudder] MS Windows.)

If you figure out how to make it work on your computer, please let me know. And good luck.

Dave

P.s. I don't run any virus scanner, and my decimal points are periods.

That should read "there WERE dozens of MathCad entries left laying around in the 'registry'."

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.